Tuesday, September 30, 2008

About time...

I did it! Finally! I got my scrapbooking area all organized and ready to be used! I'm very excited!





I spent a few hours yesterday sorting through all my papers. First my printed papers were divided up into boy, girl, holiday/seasons, and random/misc prints. Those went into the 12x12 drawer. The overflow of misc papers went into a vertical 12x12 holder. Then it was time to organize my cardstock by color. My girls loved helping me with that.

I spent several hours over the weekend organizing my brads and buttons and all the other embellishments that I have. Mostly I'm just thrilled to have a place to sit and let creativity come in and take it's place!

This morning I pulled out my box of Halloween decorations. There's not much in it, but my kids will be so excited to see that I didn't put it off for a couple more weeks. Rylie is always so desperate it seems, to get decorations up asap.

Oddly, I'm very excited for Christmas this year. Usually this is the time of year that I'm stressing out about it because I haven't done a very good job over the past several months, of saving up money. We have a plan this year though, and I'm anxious to see how it plays out. Mostly to see if we follow through with it. Sadly, I can't explain it all here, because Rylie and Alyssa are nosey and read my blog! :) (I love you girls!)

So last night for dinner, we were actually having left overs from Sunday. (chicken & gravy w/mashed potatoes) There were no left over mashed potatoes, so I was fixing just a few so that there wouldn't be too many that would go to waste. As I went to salt & pepper them before mashing, I ended up dumping waaaayyyyy tooo much pepper in and completely ruined them. Had I been thinking, I could have just rinsed them...since they'd just come from water anyway, it probably wouldn't have hurt them any worse than what I'd just done to them. Well, I didn't think of that before it was too late. I had tried scooping some of the pepper out and hoped that would be enough. It wasn't. The chicken was still good though atleast. So that's my "Make a Meal Monday" disaster.

Alrighty, I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!

7 comments:

Abby said...

Hold on..my mouth is still gaped open. Look at how much *stuff* you have, woman! I'm envious!

YogaNana said...

Wow, you've got a scrapbooking arsenal there! What fun!

Leslie said...

looks good...I want to get my decorations out too, but I am afraid there isnt a whole lot of room to put anything anywhere...Oh well, at least your house is cute!!

Katy said...

look at you superwoman. You are no longer allowed to be bashful when I verbally envy your amazing abilities!!!!

Leah Martineau said...

Hey Sarah, good job with the new scrapbooking area!! I had one for a while but had to give it up when amelia was born =) Thanks for posting cute scrapbook pages and crafts!! I love new ideas!!!

lundgrenville said...

Sarah-
Can I say JEALOUSY!! You are so organized.....You are very crafty...I may need you to help me with cute crafty ideas for my naked home....Slowly I am getting there!!

Jenna said...

It's lovely! And functional! And all YOURS!