Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!


Today is my mother's birthday. I will spare her the embarrassment of telling everyone her true age. But I will say, that I'm sure her parents couldn't have been more excited on Oct. 8, 1952, when they welcomed their 3rd child into this world! I honestly think everyone looks forward to their 3rd child. That's the best place to come in...in my very unbiased opinion...

Anyway, I'm really bad at trying to come up with "gifts" to give my parents anymore, so I'm finding that having the whole family over for dinner works out best! Since her birthday fell in the middle of the week this year, I opted to have everyone over this past Sunday. I fixed Fettucine Alfredo w/Grilled Chicken. I was a little worried that it might not turn out, since I was quadrupling the recipe, but it did. It was sooo yummy. Again, this is my very unbiased opinion...

Jeremy & Leslie provided the salad and Christopher & Jill provided the cake & Ice cream. Christopher was also kind enough to grill up the chicken for me. Josiah helped me with all the stirring to prevent anything from burning. I had 2 pots of noodles going plus the huge pot of alfredo sauce. I need a 2nd stove. Or maybe just one w/4 large burners. It ended up taking longer than I'd expected, but everyone survived. We also had garlic bread and broccoli.

I was hoping there would have been enough to time to get a game of some sort in, but because of the extra time it took to cook the food, there wasn't. I'm sure we'll have plenty more chances for that over the next couple months.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE!

WE ALL LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

lundgrenville said...

Sarah-
What a nice tribute and birthday gift for your mom. I always love on birthdays just being with family! Its always so fun!
You are always so creative. Someday, I want to try some of your meals...Im sure they are absolutely DELIC!

scrappiemom said...

Thank you Sarah. That was so sweet, just like you. Sunday dinner was wonderful! You truly have a talent for cooking which I know you didn't get from me! You could have skipped the "now" pictures, though! I love you! Mom.

scrappiemom said...

Thanks Sarah.