Thursday, March 12, 2009

Randomness w/a few pictures

Last Friday Alyssa was very anxious to get to school on time (early if possible) because she had a field trip and didn't want to miss the bus for it. She was up and dressed pretty early. I went about making sure everyone else was getting ready and then headed into the kitchen to start lunches where I found this...


My little Alyssa had taken it upon herself to start all the sandwhiches, in an attempt to get to school in a timely manner.




The day before, I had gone with Trenton's preschool class on a field trip to the Rockin' R Ranch.



It was cute. I think most of the kids enjoyed it.

They learned about drawing stories on rocks just like the Native Americans did back in the day...


Trenton chose to do his about rain clouds...


Next they learned about Teepees...


and how the Native Americans used stones to grind grain into flour...



Next they learned how to lasso a rope...


and how to pump water out of a real water pump...


They got to sit inside a saloon on these cool seats that were made out of real saddles, as well as stools that were made out of old tractor seats and horseshoes...




Lastly, they got to pan for gold...


************


In other news...

I'm fairly proud of myself for how much working out I've done this week. I did my regular running Monday morning. Then Tuesday morning I got up at 6 and did some core exercise that I do along with a dvd I've got. Tuesday evening I went down to the track and ran 5 laps around, along with 9 times up and down the bleachers. Got up again Wednesday morning and did my running. And this morning I was up at 6 again and did more core exercise. I think Josiah has enjoyed it almost as much as I have. He doesn't mind seeing me in my workout attire. I think it helps to start off his day pretty well.

I was really wishing this morning that I'd gotten a full body "before" picture back in November, so I could really see the progress. I mean, sure, the scale should be enough to say I've done something, but it'd be neat to actually SEE what the difference is. Y'know?

Next week is Spring Break. I may spend a day or 2 at my mom's. She was having surgery on her hand this morning and I'm sure she could use any extra help she can get. (I have my limits though...sorry mom.) I'm not sure what else we'll do besides that. The kids will whine alot, I'm sure. I think for sure that we will get their rooms cleaned. I should put that at the top of my list, and make sure it gets done first, so we don't have to worry about it the rest of the week. The den could use some cleaning too. I may have to put some reward system in the mix. Hmmm.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!

5 comments:

Abby said...

What Alyssa did was TOO CUTE! What a doll!

And that place Trenton went to looks like TONS of fun! I'm all "I wanna go!"

The Thomas Crew said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. I'm ticked that i was sick. Thanks for taking Tori though :)
You are such a trooper with your workouts, i should take a page from your book and do more than just my elliptical!! You look fantastic.

Connie said...

You're such a good/busy mommy! :) My oldest is only in kindergarten, but I look forward to field trips! And congrats on working out! I wish we lived closer...that way I could workout with you after I have this baby in a couple of months :)

Jenna said...

Alyssa takes matters into her own hands with service! I love it! How sweet of her.

And what a cool field trip for a preschool class. I remember before we had any kids Adam and I went there for a dinner/show/tour thing with First Interstate Bank. I remember they didn't cook my meat enough and grumbled at me that I didn't like it that way. Now, I would have! I get older, I like it pinker!

idahohubers said...

RR ranch looks way cooler than I pictured it being - I've never been there can you believe that? Alyssa reminds we about the day I got up 5 hours early for school picture day! Only her hair is super cute. Way to go on the workouts!