Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm Only 16% Weird...& I've Been Stalling....




You Are 16% Weirdo



Your thinking is so in line with the mainstream, it's pretty freaky.

Have you ever considered running for political office?

You're so normal, people can't help but feel comfortable with you!


I liked these results....much more so than the one about being a "Kinda dorky non-nerd"...


*****************************************


Last week my sil Leslie, tagged me for 7 Random things about myself. I've been stalling because I a) don't have any new things to say about myself OR b) have a poor memory and just can't think of things of interest. Then I was reading another blog that I frequent...Treasure The Little Things, and had a few things come to mind to mention, so here I go...

THE RULES...

#1 Link to the person who tagged you... Leslie @ If you can't say something nice....
#2 Post the rules on your blog.
#3 Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
#4 Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
# 5 Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

MY RANDOMNESS...

1. My thumbs are different...

...when I was younger, I was ALWAYS very self conscious about my "short" thumb. At church or in HS when I was in choir and I'd have to share a hymn book or sheet of music with someone, I'd always fold my thumb under if that was the hand I had to use to hold it up. My grandmother on my mom's side has 2 short thumbs. I guess I got mine from her. I have since come across several people though who have 1 "short" thumb or even both are. I've gotten my nails manicured a few times in my life and that's made me a little self conscious, but other than that, it usually doesn't bother me anymore. I guess I've grown up....mostly. Also...as a side note, I don't like to have my fingernails painted. My hands are kinda big/chubby and I feel like having my nails painted draws attention to them. I don't mind having them done w/acrylic tips though. It's just too expensive to keep up with, so they go naked. I do keep my toenails painted though. I can't stand them to be bare!

2. I have only ever been pulled over once in the time I've had my license. (Knock on wood) Rylie was our only child at the time and I was still working. I was in a hurry, of course, and going about 45-50 in a 30 zone. I couldn't believe I was actually getting pulled over. He asked me if I knew how fast I was going. I told him that it was around 43 when I looked down. Of course that was after I saw him in my rear view and had slowed down a bit. Anyway, he asked to see my license and registration and fortunately as I was leaning over to dig in the glove compartment for the registration that I KNEW wasn't in there, he got a call on his radio thing that apparently was more important because he said "hang on" and started heading back to his car. Once he got to the rear of my car he tapped the side with his hand and yelled that I was ok to go. WHEW! I'm always speeding! Most of the times I've been blessed to have someone really slow driving in front of me that I'm practially swearing at until I see the cop sitting on the side w/his radar thing pointing in my direction. Of course then I turn around and thank Heavenly Father for placing that person on this earth!

3. When I first learned how to drive, it was in one of those big FORD Club Wagon vans, because that's what my family had. One night when I was in HS, I was at Deseret Book with my friend Nikole, and of course I had driven us there in this said vehicle. The parking lot there was pretty dark atleast at the time, plus the windows on the van were pretty tinted AND the parking lot was, & still is, small. As I was backing out I suddenly hear this "CRUNCH" and oh crap! I had backed into some smallish car that was parked behind me. I got out to look how bad the damage was but being as dark as it was, I couldn't see anything, or maybe I just didn't want to. I was pretty scared because I was a pretty new driver and I just new my parents were going to kill me. (Not that they had ever threatened to, but I knew that if it were ever going to happen, this would be the time) As much as I just wanted to drive away and forget that it ever happened, (not that I'd forget, knowing how my conscience works) I was brave and left a note explaining that I'd backed into it and checked to see if there was any damage but couldn't see any and I left my phone #!! Was I stupid!? I don't remember how much longer I was out but when I pulled up at home my parents came outside and I just knew this person had called already! I bursted into tears and apologized repeatedly! It turned out to be someone who babysat me a time or 2 when I was smallish. (Or maybe the mother of someone who had....I don't recall for sure... but still someone that my parents knew) I remember my mom telling me how upset this person was, until they realized who each other was. I had cracked her bumper and I had to pay for it. Fortunately my grandfather had a bodyshop type garage at his house and was able to fix it for $100. I was grateful it was only that much and also for the fact that my parents forgave me and let me live.

(See...there is a reason it's hard for me to do this....what I end up thinking of tends to be long and drawn out...)

4. I tend to be a very critical person. Not by choice, but by default. I try very hard sometimes to not let it out, but it usually ends up getting the best of me. I often times prefer to do certain things myself, just because I know it's the only way to avoid criticizing the way someone else is doing it. The fact that my husband is still married to me, I think automatically grants him a free spot in Heaven! I'm not only critical about the way certain things are done though. From time to time, I'm critical towards my children. I know this is not a good thing, and like I said, I try hard to let it go and sometimes as hard as it is, I am able to. But not always. And fortunately, a good portion of the time that I do this, Josiah is right there to defend them and remind them how great they are. He is truly the best! Have I mentioned that I love him?

5. With my last pregnancy, it was finally confirmed that I was pregnant when I got up one morning and started brushing my teeth and I gagged to the point that I threw up. I had actually taken several home pregnancy tests prior, and they kept coming up negative. I don't remember what the time was between when I'd taken the last one and the time I threw up, but when that happened, I knew right away and even went out that morning and bought another HPT and sure enough...there were two lines! I remember very clearly that morning. It was November 11th 2003. I was taking Josiah to work that day so that I could go to my mom's and then go to the Veteran's Day Parade in Downtown Mesa. I picked up the test at Walgreen's and then took the test at my mom's house. Ok, so you may all be wondering now, why/how I knew by the fact that I threw up while brushing my teeth, that I was prego? Well you see....I ALWAYS gag when I'm brushing the back of my tongue, but every pregnancy I've had, my gag reflexes have been much more sensitive, and I have always thrown up, or atleast dry heaved after brushing....kinda makes it hard to get some fresh breath...

6. When I sleep, it is always on one side or the other. I never sleep on my back or stomache. This tends to be a pain for a few reasons. First of all, I can't sleep on my back because I have sleep apnea. I've never actually been diagnosed, but since I was atleast in my teens, I've found myself from time to time suddenly waking up feeling like I'd stopped breathing and my heart is racing and I have to focus on breathing for a few moments before I allow myself to fall back to sleep. When I sleep on my sides, my hand that is on the side that is up, tends to fall asleep, which also wakes me up but doesn't give me that fear that I might die in the middle of the night if it doesn't wake up...just that I have some other unknown condition that is causing it. I can usually shake it for a few seconds and it'll stop tingling so I can go back to sleep. Why can't my whole body just sleep at the same time? Why is it that my hand falling asleep has to wake the rest of me up?! Anyway...a few times, I've consciuosly layed on my stomache to fall asleep and found how comfortable it can be, but for some strange reason I stir shortly after and never make it back to that position.

7. I have a few different recurring dreams. The most recent was last week about planes being flown into buildings. I'm sure you can all guess about how long I've had those sorts of dreams... Another is with tornados all around and trying to run from them or avoid them. And the 3rd is bombs being thrown down and of course there is like nowhere to really run for cover, just seems to be out in the desert or somewhere else in the middle of nowhere. They are never the same exact dream so maybe that doesn't really classify them as "recurring" but it's never just one tornado, or one bomb, etc. So to me, the fact that I, out of the blue, have dreams about them....makes them recurring. Someday I'll have them analyzed but until then, I'll just wonder...

There you have it...more randomness about me!

I think everyone I know has just recently done this so if you haven't and you're reading this....I TAG YOU!! And then let me know that you've done it so I can come and read!

6 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

way to go on this one. love to learn random things. wow.cool thumbs. i'm not a fingernail painter either, mine are squatty and the nails are short too. which isn't pretty. for me.
bummer on the fender bender. that is never good. glad it worked out. i learned to drive in a club wagon too. and now drive an equally large vehicle. wow lucky on the getting pulled over one. Whew! that is rad he got a call.
i had a sleep apnea, and had that sucker fixed. fabulous. i feel way more rested now.

Leslie said...

See there you go...7 things...some of which I didnt know...I didnt know you had a fender bender thats funny...In HS I had a guy back into me once...he blamed it on me though cause I drive with my left leg?!? I am not sure what that had to do with him backing into me...But I blame myself a little cause I couldnt get my car into reverse because there was a penny stuck in my gear shifter and i was spazing out..and that was my hand not my foot...but he still ran into me because he didnt look behind him as he backed up..so his insurance or dad paid for the broken headlight and i think he craked the bumbper or something aswell.

Leslie said...

Oh bye the way, My feet are not only two different sizes but totally different aswell..So you are are not alone on the thumb thing.

Laurie said...

Great! Love all the randomness about you. I am with you on the bare fingernails. I have very stubby fingers and i bite my nails- not something that needs emphasizing. I do have to paint my toenails though. I drove one of those big club vans too. SO much fun, huh?!

Jenn Toon said...

Fun to read about you!! I'll keep in touch now! Thanks for stopping by.

Jenna said...

Fun, Sarah! I also learned to drive in a 15 passenger van, but a Dodge. Or, a Dode.