Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Eve Eve

So far (knock on wood) nobody else has gotten sick. Trenton acted normal all day yesterday. He ended up in the bathroom a couple times after church on Sunday. The first time he never threw up but here's how Josiah found him a little bit later... (to no surprise, those of you who are familiar with Trenton...) Poor little guy!!

I had my brother's kids for several hours yesterday. I think all the kids had fun torturing the kitties. Well, I'm sure they didn't think of it that way, but I don't think a cats idea of "fun" is being dressed up in doll clothes. Although I will admit I did the same thing when I was a kid. I did find this sorta humorous though...
I was a little concerned that the bricks might fall, but other than that, the kids were very creative in building this "cat condo".

Josiah and I got everything wrapped yesterday morning. YAY! Now we won't have to be up ALL night tomorrow night. YAY!! YAY!! I'm very excited about that part.

I wanted to take the kids down to see the Temple lights last night, but the rain kept us from going. I don't remember it raining in the past this close to Christmas, as much as it has been this year. It's putting a damper (no pun intended..) on us having our Christmas lights on outside. It keeps breaking a circuit. I guess we need better extension cords. I just hope it's dry on Christmas Eve. For as long as I can remember, I've had Christmas lights on on my house ALL NIGHT LONG on Christmas Eve. It's supposed to be the only night that they're aloud to stay on all night, but we've actually forgotten to unplug them several times this year. Oops!

Today I want to sit around and just watch Christmas movies all day. Tomorrow we'll get up and do our traditional breakfast at IHOP and then see a movie. I think we've decided on The Tale of Despereaux. Later in the day we will bake and decorate some cookies for Santa. I also need to pick up some very last minute Christmas gifts tomorrow.

My weightloss is now up to 14 lbs gone. YAY! We aren't running tomorrow because it's Christmas Eve and then my running partner is going out of town Friday and won't be back til Monday, so it will be a week off of running. Hopefully I don't put all my weight back on!

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

My kids torture our cats too. I don't know that the dress them up but they still torture them, just today I found the cat stuck on the trampoline with it zipped up and the kids across the street.

Anyway, I hope you have a great christmas eve...we are going to attempt the santa at the lake but I am not sure of a whole lot of details on that. We don't even know if our boat is going to run.

I want to do temple lights on Christmas night, assuming that Jeremy doesn't have to work.

Jenna said...

I love the kitty condo!

I took my kids to see Despereaux last night and it was darling! You should go! Of course, the book is better, but we know how that is.

It sounds so cozy at your house! I love getting ready for Christmas! I wish we could be together having a cookie baking party!